How to play PS4 games on PC without playing remotely – simple steps
Sony’s announcement in 2018 that it will be possible to play PC games with Remote Play for Windows 10 has somehow earned applause from all PS4 fans and users.
However, with this joy, there are many pre-made applications that include a faster internet connection with download speeds of 15 Mbps.
Also read: 15 best monitors for PS5 in 2021 – Reviewed
Also, the slow response time of the PS4 controllers is very annoying. But fortunately, these problems can be solved if we use a capture card and play PS4 games directly on PC without having to play remotely.
And that’s exactly what this article is about. Today we will explain how to play ps4 games on pc without being remote.
What is remote gaming?
PlayStation Remote Play is an application that allows you to control your PlayStation console from within Windows 10 and remotely.
You can stream and play PS4 and PS5 games, you can also switch between games and display the console home screen, and you can also display the console menu from compatible devices connected to Wi-Fi.
Remote gaming lets you play with a PS4 or PS5 console connected to your TV. Just pause the game and open the remote application to play from the device of your choice, and your game will be ready on the screen to your right.
Alternatively, you can turn on your PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5 console and start playing immediately via the Remote Playback application.
You can stream PS5 or PS4 games to another device through the console. Unfortunately you cannot use remote reading of mobile phone data. A broadband connection of at least 5 Mbit/s is required.
For an optimal experience, an internet connection with a speed of 15 Mbit/s is recommended.
To stream or play on your PC or laptop on the PS4, you must first connect your PC or laptop to the PS4. Now you may be wondering how you can use your laptop as a monitor for your PS4. Don’t worry, we’ve included that too in our article. Here’s how to use your laptop as a monitor for the PS4.
To play the PS4 on a laptop with HDMI and avideo capture card
For those whose laptops do not meet the requirements for remote gaming, there is an alternative. This alternative method is fairly simple, but can be a drain on your wallet.
First of all, you need to connect your laptop to your PS4. This requires an HDMI cable and a video capture card. Here you will find everything you need to use your laptop as a monitor.
- HDMI cable
- Video recording card
- File sharing enabled
Connecting the structure
Make sure you have all of the above.
- First of all, you must allow file sharing. To enable this feature, go to the PS4 settings tab. Then go to the Network Settings tab and select Internet Connection Settings. Now select your internet router and connect your PS4 to the internet by entering your login details, if available.
- Then connect the video capture card to the laptop via the USB port. Remember, it is very important to install the drivers and software for the card you are using so that it works properly and without problems.
- Now connect your video capture card to the PS4. To do this, an S-Video connection must be made via a connecting cable. Then connect the HDMI IN side to the capture card, and the other side, HDMI OUT, to the PS4.
- Now launch the video recording software on your laptop and turn on your PS4. Once opened, the program will automatically search for PS4. Once you’ve found it, establish a stable connection and start displaying the PS4 screen on your laptop screen.
Message: Make sure the software is running in full screen mode. You won’t notice any resolution issues and the PS4 screen will be displayed in full screen mode.
How to play PS4 games on PC without a remote control
Now that you know how to use your laptop as a monitor, let’s move on. Remember that your laptop must be equipped with a video input card. Playback or streaming is not possible without a video card, so what is the solution to this? Purchasing card.
A capture card like Elgato solves your problem and allows you to use your laptop as a monitor without any problems. If you do not have a capture card, we recommend that you purchase one before proceeding.
For a capture card, make sure you have a USB Type-A to USB Type-C converter that is USB 3.0. Or if your laptop has a USB C port, you don’t need a USB A to USB converter.
Now follow these instructions:
- Go to the official website of your capture to download the desktop application. It is recommended to download the official application. Download links are available for Windows and Mac OS.
- Now you need to connect your laptop to the PS4 via an HDMI cable. On the capture card, you will see a USB type C port, this port is used to send video signals to the monitor.
- To connect the capture card to a notebook computer, a USB C-type or A-type converter must be used.
- Now launch the downloaded desktop application. He will talk for a few seconds to capture the impatience to receive and pick up signals. If you have problems with the process, you can set it up manually, which makes the procedure quite simple.
- So you can play PS4 games on your computer without using a remote.
What you should consider
Here are a few things to keep in mind when playing PS4 games on PC without using them remotely.
- You can use the keyboard to type, but it can be slow. You will not get the same response and efficiency as with your console controller. The keyboard works without a problem when no console controller is connected and does not itch when starting the game.
- This method will not work if you do not have a USB Type-C to USB Type-A capture card and converter, or if your laptop has a USB Type-C, you will need to purchase a converter.
- You don’t necessarily need to buy a high quality laptop. The PS4 will act as the main unit and the laptop as the monitor. Your laptop cannot handle this load. Any normal laptop is suitable for this process.
So now that you know how to play PS4 games on PC without having to play remotely, you can play any game. The most exciting part of this process is that you can play PS4 games with a keyboard. Most players prefer keyboard games, so here they are.
Using the same remote for every game is not a great experience.
I hope this article will help you. If you have any questions, please let us know in the Comments section and we will answer you as soon as possible. Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you.
About the author
It’s me, Steven Hauken, a software engineer from the United States of America. A lover of technology and gadgets. I like to write about technology gadgets and news about upcoming technology events.
how to play ps4 games on pc without ps4, how to play ps4 on laptop without remote play or capture card, ps4 remote play, how to play ps4 games on pc without controller, how to use laptop as monitor for ps4 without remote play or capture card, how to stream ps4 to pc without remote play or capture card, how to play ps4 on laptop screen with hdmi, playstation now pc